10.01.2004

The Turning Point

Dubya's Most Memorable Debate Statements

George Bush's words are his own best indictment. This evil clown is so oblivious to his own stupidity, that even as he makes some ignorant gaffe, he will stop and smirk, thinking he is clever. His claims to the contrary, he has no compassion for others, and has never known a moment of self-criticism. Here are a few of his statements from last night's debate:

George Bush has finally set our minds at ease. Why do we need better government when we have George?

Of course we're doing everything we can to protect America. I wake up every day thinking about how best to protect America. That's my job.
And so what if thousands more die in a pointless war in Iraq? Just give 'em some lovin' and a little "understanding".

You know, every life is precious. Every life matters. You know, my hardest -- the hardest part of the job is to know that I committed the troops in harm's way and then do the best I can to provide comfort for the loved ones who lost a son or a daughter or a husband or wife. You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Brian, they came to see me. Her husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq. You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. I told her after we prayed and teared up and laughed some that I thought her husband's sacrifice was noble and worthy. Because I understand the stakes of this war on terror. I understand that we must find Al Qaida wherever they hide.
We need to just keep going in America's heavenly crusade, and we need to name our enemies with a little Texas flair...


On Iran, I hope we can do the same thing, continue to work with the world to convince the Eye-ranian moo-lahs to abandon their nuclear ambitions.

Yes, and we must not forget the new Affiliates Program in the Philippines...

But the front on this war is more than just one place. The Philippines -- we've got help -- we're helping them there to bring -- to bring Al Qaida affiliates to justice there.
And lest you think it's all just fun and games, now the enemy has become vociferous.

In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard. You know why? Because an enemy realizes the stakes. The enemy understands a free Iraq will be a major defeat in their ideology of hatred. That's why they're fighting so vociferously.
And if you don't think it's hard, you can watch your Tee-Vee.

And now we're fighting them now. And it's hard work. I understand how hard it is. I get the casualty reports every day. I see on the TV screens how hard it is. But it's necessary work. And I'm optimistic. See, I think you can be realistic and optimistic at the same time. I'm optimistic we'll achieve -- I know we won't achieve if we send mixed signals. I know we're not going to achieve our objective if we send mixed signals to our troops, our friends, the Iraqi citizens.
And, finally, if you don't like something that has been said, just keep on saying it...again and again and again...

Plus, he says the cornerstone of his plan to succeed in Iraq is to call upon nations to serve. So what's the message going to be: Please join us in Iraq. We're a grand diversion. Join us for a war that is the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time? I know how these people think. I deal with them all the time. I sit down with the world leaders frequently and talk to them on the phone frequently. They're not going to follow somebody who says, “This is the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time.” I know how these people think. I deal with them all the time. I sit down with the world leaders frequently and talk to them on the phone frequently. They're not going to follow somebody who says this is the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time. They're not going to follow somebody whose core convictions keep changing because of politics in America.
[Note for armchair psychiatrists: The psychological implications of Bush's performance in the debate bring up a few interesting questions. Bush has a brain, but what kind of brain it is needs to be established. We've all suspected that Oedipal tendencies were at work, and the loss of brain function due to alcohol and drug abuse is evident, but there may be more. The above part was Bush's classic moment of echolalia, a condition where a certain phrase gets stuck in the mind and is repeated, over and over. It is often found in those suffering from autism, and other severe disorders. This was a text-book example.

Echolalia is the repetition or echoing of verbal utterances made by another person. Immediate echolalia is defined as the repetition of a word or phrase just spoken by another person. Delayed echolalia has been defined as the "echoing of a phrase after some delay or lapse of time" - Thanks to the Autism Home Page! ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home